I told myself that I would be a published author by age 30. I am now 35. That deadline has come and gone. (It’s probably best seeing as I was still learning how to be honest and no one wants their first published piece to be something they have to come back and apologize for.)
I have always been a writer. I have journals dating back to before my handwriting was legible. Instead of giving up the dream, I picked up the pen again, or more accurately, put fingertips to keys and here we are.
Here are a few things that I, your stellar blogger, commit to you, my loyal readers:
- I will post as much as possible. As much as I want to crank out new reads, I want the content to always have depth and meaning so I will not just post anything for the sake of doing so.
- I will tell the truth. Sometimes it will be uncomfortable and raw, but I will say it anyway because, for a girl like me, honesty is the only way. I was a liar for too long.
- This is a safe place for discussion. Though I am judgmental by nature, this is a no judgement zone. It’s a place to discuss openly and honestly.
- I will do my best to respond to every comment. I appreciate so much that you would take the time to leave your thoughts. Please know that I don’t ever take that for granted. (If I ever do, you have my permission to slap me…cyber style of course.)
- If I read someone else’s blog post that moves me, makes me laugh until my sides ache, cry until the streaks of mascara leave my face stained, or reflect back in a positive way that furthers my emotional, spiritual and/or mental development…I will reblog it so that you too can share in that experience.
- No matter what, “this place is about grace.”
- Snarky remarks and words intended to hurt someone else are not welcome here.
If you’re walking this journey like the rest of us and want to meet some amazing people along the way, consider this a rest stop for your soul.