When seeing the prompt from Lisa-Jo’s Five Minute Friday post, these verses from Ephesians 3 are the first thing that came to mind. Please know that when it comes to memorizing scripture, or anything for that matter, I am just about the worst there is. I have been praying this for my children and Chris as well as close friends for more than a year and there are times when I still have to look it up to get the exact wording right.
I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
I love these verses. The main word in the midst of the rest is grasp.
What better way to attempt describing the word and it’s meaning than with the beach? You have the water…as far as the eye can see. The sand…too many grains to count. The sky…bigger than life.
So when I tell my boys, “Look left and look right…look up and out as far as your eyes can see. Do you see an end?” They respond quickly with their answer, “No.” I take the opportunity to explain God’s love in the best and most simple way I can, “Right. It’s like the love of the Father for each of us. Never-ending.”
When I realize the validity of this illustration, it is too much, even for me to grasp and I stand, drenched in the grace that is now my reality because of it.
- Grasping His Goodness ~ Five Minute Friday (simplystriving.wordpress.com)
- Day 113: Five Minute Friday – Grasp (retirement365.wordpress.com)
- FiveMinuteFriday Writing FlashMob Presents: My Take on the Power and Process of GRASPING (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- It’s all a crazy blur! (Five Minute Friday) (newequus.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Grasp (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday – Grasp (missindeedy.com)